Teken voor Coventry speedway

Voor algemene onderwerpen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pewinl
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Teken voor Coventry speedway

Berichtdoor pewinl » Do 26 Mei, 2016 11:27 pm

Teken mee de petitie voor het behoudt van de huidige Coventry speedway. Zo als het er nu naar uit ziet zal dit bekend speedway stadion sluiten in november. Ze willen op deze plek huizen gaan bouwen. Coventry speedway zelf wil een nieuwe baan gaan bouwen maar op dit moment is er nog helemaal niks bekend waar deze baan gaat komen. En met nog een klein jaar te gaan geloven vele fans niet dat ze 2017 zullen gaan halen.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-borough- ... ry-stadium

pewinl
Site Admin

Re: Teken voor Coventry speedway

Berichtdoor pewinl » Do 26 Mei, 2016 11:32 pm

Reactie van iemand van de lokale overheid wel in het Engels.

I wanted to contribute to this group and hopefully help clarify a few points and some of the rumours that have been circulating regarding Coventry Stadium. I will be attending the public meeting this evening but hope this contribution helps to clarify some topics and also serves to update those who are unable to attend this evening.

Firstly, the stadium in Brandon is entirely within the Borough of Rugby and therefore, in terms of any local authority responsibility comes under the jurisdiction of Rugby Borough Council.

As the Leader of Rugby Borough Council, I wanted to clarify my personal position on this matter; I am fully committed to retaining this well-loved, well used sporting facility. Over the past 18 months, it has been clear that members of the public overwhelmingly want to retain the stadium and I am fully aware of its historic significance, but also the high quality of the track which is nationally recognised. I do not want to see it close.

Furthermore, I hope I can add some clarity around the following points;

1. Rugby Borough Council (RBC) has no ownership or powers to take ownership, prevent the stadium and land from being sold or has any powers to make the owners use the site for a particular purpose.

2. As already publicly reported, the stadium and land has been sold to an investment company. The previous owners (Mr Sandhu and associates) no longer have any ownership of the site and have no relationship whatsoever to the new owners. However, they are tenants on the site under a lease that will end in December 2016. The current owners confirm there are no plans to extend this lease. (I have clarified these points directly with Mr Sandhu and the new owners)

3. I know there is a lot of speculation around searches on companies relating to the site. I am not able to speak for any parties that are named, but it is not unusual for temporary operating companies to be established for the purpose of consultation and/or marketing. It is also not unusual to see previous owners named on these temporary companies.

4. Since its sale, there has been NO planning application submitted to Rugby Borough Council for the stadium site. If an application were to be submitted, this would be a matter of public record and the usual consultations would apply.

5. There has been NO planning application submitted for any other site in the Borough of Rugby for a possible alternative site for a stadium to be built.

6. However, I have met and there have been informal talks with Mr Sandhu, Mr Heaver and Mr Horton around possibilities for sites within the borough. The most detailed document provided was an artist impression of what the possible new stadium could look like.

7. The site discussed was within the green belt land that runs through Rugby. The difficulties in using this site were explained relating to it being green belt, having access issues, ownership, traffic access, highways and potentially polluted land. However, it was also explained that if a planning application was submitted, it would be considered fully, fairly and independently.

8. RBC have not stopped, prevented or blocked any potential planning application. We have offered guidance and advice from a senior officer level of the legal position and possibilities for a potential site and professional experience. Although it has always been made clear that the determination of ANY planning application is down to council and national policy, the officer dealing with the case, the planning committee and potentially a planning inspector.

9. RBC have worked to identify any areas of land with the borough that may be suitable for another stadium/track and that may be more suited to the planning permissions needed. To date, we have not been able to locate another suitable piece of land.

Finally, I recognise the importance of this stadium not only to the fans and users, but to the Borough of Rugby. RBC have expended significant resources in accommodating discussions around this topic, and will continue to do so until we have a conclusion.

pewinl
Site Admin

Berichtdoor pewinl » Do 26 Mei, 2016 11:40 pm

MC388

Berichtdoor MC388 » Vr 27 Mei, 2016 7:17 am

5000 handtekeningen nodig.............Teller staat op 4767.
Tekenen allemaal aub.

Hieronder de reactie van Nigel Harry (UK45), die naar de meeting is geweest gisteravond.
Well, in my opinion its not looking good. Myself, Paul Hines and Rob Harrod were there as well as many others.
It appears that Sandue has sold the stadium to a land bank investment co in Jersey for 2.7 million quid.
I asked why we weren't offerd the stadium, and why was it offered to an investment co and not to the open market, when he has know for over 2 years how strongly the speedway and stock-car community felt about the stadium.
He bought it in 1999, as we know as a long term investment hoping one day to get houses built on the site, and he has eventually given up on it, and sold it to another investment co to do just the same. Only they dont want to run it, so they have rented it back to Sandue to untill the end of the year, and then they will close the stadium, hoping to eventual get planning.
Counselor Stoke was also there (coincidence!) and he said no planning has been given, and will not be given for housing. Brandon is a hamlet, and will remain that way.
At the end of June, 5 weeks away, final decisions will be made.
Lots of other sites have been looked at by Jeremy Heaver, but none are suitable.

No one can see a way out, the land bank co will just sit on it till its an eyesore and the council eventually give in and let them build houses to tidy the place up!
Groetjes Geert

Peter van Oijen
Site Admin

Berichtdoor Peter van Oijen » Vr 27 Mei, 2016 11:58 am

Peter van Oijen
Site Admin

Berichtdoor Peter van Oijen » Do 07 Jul, 2016 10:51 am

Terug naar “Algemeen”